RALLY ON APRIL 2 AT 10 AM
Full post & message from Leonard Benally:
Note from Robert Dorman: Please direct any questions about this post to Amy Semler and not to me. I would suggest that before you purchase any stock (this is my own opinion) that you confirm that if you purchase the Lehman Brothers stock now, you will be qualified to attend the meeting. There are many discount stock brokers and many hotels, so you might want to shop around.
To save hotel expenses, if anyone on the list lives in NYC, Westchester County, Long Island, or other nearby area within commuting distance and would like to volunteer to put up people wishing to protest at this meeting, please email Robert Dorman with your offers and any conditions (like no-smokers, number of people). I will post to the BIGMTNLIST list.
BIG MOUNTAIN MOBILIZATION 2001
International and National
RALLY: April 2 10 am
Statement 3: Leonard Benally, in solidarity with St. Louis Support
To all National and International Concerned People,
Again we wish to say our word with Respect and Honor to all the Indigenous and Non-Indigenous People, the resistance continues at Big Mountain, "U.S. of A." It was good to hear from all the Indigenous and Non-Indigenous People that have written to us with their support, so far that we bow our heads to you with respect that we reached you with our words. Even though you live in other lands, you are struggling too, but it's good to know we are on the same path for liberty and justice for all.
On Feb 26, 2001, at 10 am, we went to Lehman Bros. Corporation to meet with their leaders in a "friendly first step." So they kept their first agreement with us which is OK. I think its the right thing for them to do to listen to the little people. Because we have been ignored, lied to, given empty promises and false hope. But we the small man and woman of Big Mountain, are never going to live in silence, we are speaking out. And we have faced the first step with their representatives. And of course Peabody representatives too; they listened and recorded our demands.
List the following: 1. For the Traditional Dine People to speak at the April 3 shareholders meetings, giving the Indigenous Delegation 7 to 10 minutes each as all will speak for the Resistance.
2. This initial meeting will be the first of 4 meetings with Lehman Bros. Corp.
3. Religious Freedom Rights, Human Rights and Environmental Rights be respected by use now of Alternative forms of energy. We requested/ demanded that with all their intelligence and money that the Lehman Bros. put Global Life first and turn to solar and wind power instead digging up more coal and destroying our Altar. We want them to give the life back to Black Mesa and the Indigenous People, Native American Indigenous Land Rights and Water rights. No more using water from the Navajo Aquifer and no more coal. LEAVE THE WATER AND THE COAL IN THE GROUND.
4. Preserve Big Mountain as a National Historic Cultural Preservation Site, instead of a National Sacrifice Area!! Change History, Respect Indigenous Traditional People and their Indigenous Land. Protect the endangered people, protect the sacred, ancient, Historical Dine Altar for Traditional Dine and Traditional Hopi People.
5. Demilitarize the areas of Big Mountain Communities of resistance on Black Mesa.
6. Clean drinking water pumped into the homes of the Dine families who have waited 5 years, along Big Mountain Blvd. whose 3/4 completed after 5 years of waiting. 7. More clean drinking water wells open in the Sovereign Dine Nation inside the fenced areas, and water catchments for livestock for all families. 8. Solar power for all of the families who may choose it for electricity.
These were the requests/demands we gave to Lehman Bros Corporate leaders on Feb. 26 2001. We are awaiting their response as they received an "overwhelming" amount of information from us; to stop the suffering at Big Mountain and to stop Global Impact. In conclusion, everyone is at stake here with this Global Impact and Global Warming, so its not only our problem out here at Big Mountain. Lehman Brothers can make a Big difference on ending the Global Impact
It's good to know now that all good and honest people are now coming together from all honest struggles. And now since we came together, now we're not gonna stop, we're not going to rest until we achieve our goals for dignified Life, Liberty, Liberty, Justice, Freedom for all. For protecting the Mother Earth against corporate greed. NOW WE MUST COME TOGETHER AT LEHMAN BROS., MEETING UNITED WITH ONE VOICE ON APRIL 2 RALLY AT 10 AM AT THREE WORLD FINANCIAL CENTER, NYC AND APRIL 3 LEHMAN BROS. SHAREHOLDERS MEETING AT THREE WORLD FINANCIAL CENTER AT 10 AM IN NYC!
In closing to all the Brothers and Sisters, hopefully you will join us in New York, if you can't make it, then pray for us. And if we come together as a united effort then we can make it different for the people that are in Resistance, not only for the people at Big Mountain, but for all the displaced people or people who don't have anything. We are resistors so other brothers and sisters can live, meaning of course indigenous people. If we can come together and shout at the "Beast" so the "beast" can TREMBLE. We are not going to stop here, we will not stop until the people are free. Not only at Big Mountain but for everywhere the people need to live. So were not saying that we are the only ones.
This is for everybody and all living things that live from air and water. we invite you to come and stand with us. That way we know we are not alone in our own world. Your invitation to NYC is open. Please come of your own free will if you believe in these things, then we can come together and make a difference for the Indigenous People and for all Humanity. So we can free ourselves, if we can continue to heal our history here. So its time to change corporate relations toward Indigenous People, its time to respect and honor and give back to the
Earth and the Original People. Freedom and Justice for All.
From: Amy Semler
BIG MOUNTAIN MOBILIZATION 2001
WHAT: MOBILIZATION 2001 FRIENDLY TAKE-OVER OF LEHMAN BROTHERS CORPORATION
To all concerned and honest people and indigenous struggles, we are inviting you to come together so that we can have one united voice as we mobilize to demand the Preservation of Big Mountain Area as a National Historic Preservation Site.
Where we are going to stand up for Human Right, Religious Freedom Rights, Environmental Rights and Water Rights! Request for the areas of Big Mountain, Catus valley, Red Willow Springs, Thin Rock Mesa, Blue Canyon, Testo, Star Mountain, Mosquito Springs, and Low Mountain as a National Historic Preservation Site!
1) Every concerned person that would like to join us, please purchase 1 or 2 Lehman Brothers stock if possible in the following manner: Contact a broker to purchase stock. you may contact
Harris Investor Line at 415-269-8488 or nationwide at 800-808-7474, or email harrisinvestorline.com Fax number 415-296-1488
2) Please join us at Lehman Brothers Corporate Shareholder's meeting on APRIL 3, 2001
WHERE: NEW YORK CITY: 3 WORLD FINANCIAL CENTER 24TH FLOOR NEW YORK CITY, NY 10285
WHEN: 10:30 AM MEET AT 10:00AM
We will be uniting together the day before on April 2nd, at 10 am outside the building of 3 World Financial Center to organize ourselves, united in solidarity, for the people, the sacred land, future generations and the environment.
Native American leaders are urging all Environmental and Human Rights groups to come together on the issue.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS EFFORT IS A NON-VIOLENT, FRIENDLY AND PEACEFUL MOBILIZATION.
For a place to stay you can contact the Habitat Hotel in NYC, clean and inexpensive for New York City. Located 130 East 57th Street, NY, NY 10022; Phone: 212-753-8841 or 800-255-0482; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Graphics on
this page are
This Site Was
Designed and is Maintained by